- What’s your favourite DIALOG project?
- Calgary Cancer Centre. I love being part of a team that is designing a state-of-the-art facility that not only will house the best in what care can offer but will be a place that will be warm and inviting and provide hope for people in difficult time in their lives. And the people I am working with aren't so bad either!
- What’s one thing about you that would surprise people?
- F1 fanatic. My husband and I have been watching and following F1 for a couple years now and have been fortunate to have been able to watch an F1 grand prix live in the past. We have plans to go to Singapore for our next grand prix.
- Do you have a passion project outside of work?
- Travelling. I love being able to visit different places and explore what each destination has to offer from landscape to culture. The biggest take away for me is being able to share it with my family and teach them that there is a whole other world outside of where we live and sometimes to give them a sense of humility.
Marie joined our team in 2004 and has over 15 years of experience as a senior structural technologist. In 2007, she became DIALOG's lead structural technologist department manager responsible for producing structural contract documents, assigning projects, and supervising other technologists. Marie’s project experience spans a wide variety of sectors including healthcare, commercial, institutional, and educational work.
Marie is passionate about how technology is transforming the way buildings and infrastructure is designed and built. She uses industry-leading techniques like Building Information Modeling (BIM) and digital design technology in her project work. The result of these efforts are efficient, effective, and coordinated designs and documentation. Her experience on large projects such as Edmonton’s ICE District and the Calgary Cancer Centre proves that Marie has the skills to adapt to the high demands of today’s design and construction industry.
Every day I try to live up to a quote I once heard by Maya Angelou: "My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style."Marie Briones
- Diploma in Architectural Technology Red River College