Fadi GhorayebPartner, Structural Engineer
BEng | MEng | PEng | StructEng | MIStructE | FEC
- What’s your favourite DIALOG project?
- My favourite project is Edmonton's Walterdale Bridge for its simplicity, elegance, and importance to the city.
- What could turn any bad day into a good day?
- Receiving an acknowledgement or a compliment from a client about our work.
- What’s your favourite way to give back to the community?
- I like to give back by volunteering with various organizations such as The Association of Consulting Engineering Companies (ACEC), Engineers and Geoscientists British Columbia (EGBC), and the District of North Vancouver.
Fadi is a structural engineer with over 35 years of experience designing commercial, residential, industrial, and institutional buildings. He is a seasoned team and project manager with financial oversight experience. Fadi joined our team in 2013 and now manages our Vancouver structural group.
Fadi's unique expertise lies in seismic upgrading and retrofitting existing buildings. Fadi has been recognized by the City of North Vancouver with various heritage and design awards for the seismic upgrade of its two heritage buildings: Queen Mary and Ridgeway Schools. Other awards include the Parkgate Community Centre and Library, and the UBC Centre for Comparative Medicine. Fadi has also worked on other major landmark projects including the Irving K. Barber Learning Centre and the Iona building at UBC, SFU's Central City in Surrey, and a number of high rises at International Village in downtown Vancouver.
Fadi's extensive experience in structural design and project management fosters an effective and efficient design team, which is enhanced by his effective communication style and respect for others' ideas and strengths. He had spent many years honing his listening skills, which he feels is the best way to ensure success for both the client and DIALOG. His attentive management style results in unique and outstanding designs, manifested in architectural excellence while respecting safety, schedules and budgets. Fadi hopes to one day have the opportunity to design a large hospital and contribute to community wellbeing on a big scale.
Every day brings something new: a new proposal, a new client relationship, or a new project or discussion. There is definitely no time to get bored!Fadi Ghorayeb
- Master of Engineering University of California, Davis
- Bachelor of Engineering The University of Sheffield