- What’s your favourite DIALOG project?
- The New Central Library in Calgary. This project is spectacular and awe inspiring in its innovative approach to a library and the usage of materials/products to enhance a user’s experience within the built environment.
- What do you do to treat yourself?
- Immersing myself in culture through food experiences and travel.
- What's one quote you live by?
- “Seek first to understand, then to be understood.” – Stephen Covey
Stephanie became a DIALOGer in 2011 and is now recognized by her peers as an emerging leader in specifications. She is one of the youngest female RSW in Canada. Stephanie has a wealth of experience and leadership in specifications for material product research, as well as preparing project manuals for a variety of project sectors across Canada and the United States. As part of the specifications group, Stephanie is responsible for conducting research, evaluating materials/products, mentoring staff, and facilitating communication amongst the various project participants.
Stephanie obtained her Registered Specification Writer (RSW) designation in 2019 with her research focus on embodied carbon building materials. Stephanie is passionate about sustainability. She is committed to guiding material transparency and embodied carbon. Some of her proudest work has been on projects pursuing LEED®, WELL®, and Envision™ certifications. Stephanie led the research and development of specifications for our (and Canada’s!) first Living Building Challenge: the Bill Fisch Forest Stewardship and Education Centre.
Stephanie brings a refreshingly creative approach to specification writing and is able to capture and transform design intent into clear, precise specifications.
It is an amazing opportunity to work with individuals who share my passion of enhancing the built environment.Stephanie Fargas
- Bachelor of Architecture, Project and Facility Management Conestoga College