- Where do you find inspiration?
- In a book or podcast accounting the life of an inventor, athlete or entrepreneur who was expectational at their craft. I find great inspiration in learning about the unique challenges these individuals overcame and the personal qualities and habits that allowed them to excel beyond their peers.
- How do you spend your weekends?
- My home recently reached a 100 year milestone. When I'm not spending time with family or on my bike you can find me repairing, wrecking or renovating something around the house.
- What’s your favourite mode of transportation?
- My Bike. I can plan my time better when I'm not worried about delays or traffic.
Robert is a lead engineer and associate in our Toronto studio’s mechanical engineering group. He has over 14 years of experience designing HVAC, plumbing, fire protection, and building automation systems. Robert has successfully led numerous projects for a wide range of building types through all stages of design. His expertise includes bid and construction (from concept to issuing contract documents), as well as site inspection and contract administration.
Since joining us in 2013, Rob has discovered a passion for healthcare, research, and laboratory projects. As a result, he has made invaluable contributions to our project portfolio and developed our Toronto studio’s mechanical team expertise in these sectors. Robert approaches each design challenge seeking to maximize occupant comfort and energy efficiency. He strives to achieve a balance of simplicity in operation with technological innovation.
As building systems become increasingly complex, Rob stays true to a ‘keep it simple and straightforward’ approach. He believes that systems will perform best over their lifetime if they are uncomplicated and easy for their users to understand.
- Bachelor of Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Ryerson University