- What’s your favourite DIALOG project?
- My favourite project is CrossIron Mills. This was the first job I worked on when I came to DIALOG. In 2014, I returned to this mall for an expansion/renovation as the owner decided to relocate the existing food court to another portion of the mall. This project is what propelled me into the role of project management.
- What’s one thing about you that would surprise people?
- I had an interview and was hired by DIALOG (Cohos Evamy at that time) when I was on a holiday visiting a family member in Calgary.
- What could turn any bad day into a good day?
- Cue the Full House sentimental music; my kids running to the door when I come home turns any bad day into a good one.
Mo joined us in 2008 as an architectural technologist and has evolved into a project management role. Since day one, Mo has primarily worked on varied retail projects including a new enclosed mall, enclosed mall renovations/expansions, strip centres, tenant-specific packages, and an open-air mall. With a positive attitude and robust work ethic, Mo oversees his projects from beginning to end. He tackles design development, construction documents, tenant coordination, and construction administration in an amicable and integrated way.
Mo treats each job with the same amount of detail and attention regardless of the magnitude of the job. Whether working with clients, consultants, or contractors, Mo has clear communication and a strict adherence to timelines. Mo is a true example of the notion that it is the people, not just the company, that brings a client back.
I go into work every day with the mentality “work as if you own the company.” I appreciate how hard it is to run a business and it puts me in the head-space to work harder and efficiently.Mohammed (Mo) Abouzeenni
- Diploma in Architectural Technology Fanshawe College