- What’s your favourite DIALOG project?
- The Pediatric Surgical Suite Renovation and Expansion. It’s a transformative project for the Stollery Children's Hospital to improve the surgical services which serves the Northern Alberta’s pediatric population. I learned a great deal from Cos Gabriel prior to his retirement.
- What's your favourite DIALOG initiative?
- The Iris Prize. Provide a chance for each Dialoger to examine or ask the question if there is anything we want to improve or change for the work.
- If you could work a ‘day in the life’ of another discipline at DIALOG, whose would it be?
- A mechanical engineer. To better understand the mechanical design parameters and challenges, so I can make their job easier down the road.
Jin is a senior architect dedicated to tackling new areas of architectural design and construction, particularly in healthcare. He has worked on over 60 projects as a designer, job captain, project manager, and clinical health care planner. Jin’s numerous healthcare projects incorporate the integration of highly technical, complex equipment into sophisticated hospital infrastructure. He led the architectural team for the Lions Gate Hospital Power Plant, was the clinical planner for the Brain Centre Project at the Walter Mackenzie Health Sciences Centre, and has led Connect Care projects across Alberta.
With a leadership style focused on delivering project excellence and making a difference to our communities, Jin brings energy, creativity, and an innovative spirit to our team. His collaborative approach, attention to detail, and passion for integrated projects have earned him the respect of engineering and architectural teams and allowed him to build strong relationships with clients and contractors.
- Master of Architecture Carleton University