- What’s your favourite DIALOG project?
- How to name just one?!? I’m inspired by how our projects impact a broad range of people’s lives. Projects that have impacted my own life are the engineering buildings at the University of Alberta (ECERF/ETLC/CMEB/ICE) where I completed my MEng, Robbins Pavilion at Royal Alexandra Hospital where I delivered my two children, the Stollery Children's Hospital Emergency Department where my family has made a few visits, and retail centres such as Emerald Hills or Currents of Windermere where day to day necessities are available.
- What’s one skill (outside of work) that you’d like to learn?
- I would like to learn to knit. I think that it is an art that should not be lost.
- How do you spend your weekends?
- Majority of the time outdoors. I want my children to grow up exploring, getting dirty, taking risks and spending time outdoors. Playing with sticks, making mud pies, trying to climb trees or jump in puddles enforces those things.
Janice joined DIALOG in 2008 as a structural engineer, and has since transitioned over to being a leader amongst the Edmonton studio's contract administration team. As a contract administrator, Janice liaises with the project team, contractors, clients, and other stakeholders during the construction phase of a project to bring the design vision to life. Using her strong organizational skills and technical knowledge, she prepares and issues contract documents and coordinates, assembles and reviews all contract change documents. She also conducts onsite field review to uphold the integrity of the design.
Janice has played a paramount role in numerous projects that have vastly improved the wellbeing and vibrancy of our communities in Edmonton and across Alberta, spanning sectors including healthcare, education, arts and culture, and residential.
- Master of Structural Engineering University of Alberta
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering Lakehead University
- Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology Fanshawe College of Applied Arts and Technology