- What’s your favourite DIALOG project?
- I am very proud to have been involved in the new Calgary Cancer Centre.
- Where do you find inspiration?
- I find inspiration in the everyday lives of the people I meet and the great projects I get to participate in.
- What conversation topic could you never resist?
- I am always happy to share stories about my outdoor adventures like my biking, hiking, climbing, or backcountry ski trips.
We welcomed Henry to our team in 2016 to help us develop our electrical engineering capacities. Bringing 35 years of experience with him, including two prior leadership roles, Henry has since become partner and discipline lead engineer for electrical services. He works on a wide variety of project types, including institutional, healthcare, educational, recreational, commercial mixed-use, public transportation, and light industrial facilities.
Guided by the saying, “dare to be different,” Henry’s innovative lighting designs have earned him numerous industry awards from the Illumination Engineers Society. His designs are characterized by a unique layering and interaction of natural and artificial light. Henry thrives on the opportunity to build strong working relationships in our integrated design teams. Having access to all aspects of a project, including architectural finishing, mechanical equipment, and owner/user equipment, allows Henry to explore and apply evolving technologies and practices.
With an in-depth knowledge of nearly every facet of electrical system design, Henry implements both smart building technologies and sustainable building practices in many of his projects. He works with leading design technologies to produce better user experiences and help building operators run more energy-efficient, environmentally-friendly spaces.
Valued by his clients for his high engagement levels and deep personal commitment, Henry has a collaborative leadership style. For Henry, success is a result of focusing more on what can be accomplished together as a team rather than as individuals. He is a dedicated mentor, nurturing the careers of our budding electrical engineers and designers.
I love building a team with the capacity and desire to take on new challenges, through culture development, skill-building and personalized mentorship.Henry Doornberg
- Bachelor of Science, Electrical Engineering University of Alberta
- Diploma, Electrical Engineering Technology Northern Alberta Institute of Technology