- What’s your favourite DIALOG project?
- The Royal Alberta Museum has been the largest project I've worked on to date. There was such a large range of space types and requirements for each area. It was like working on multiple buildings in one!
- What do you do to treat yourself?
- My husband and I love travelling the world and seeing new places and cultures.
- Where's your happy place?
- In the mountains, any time of the year. I love being outdoors, whether it's hiking, snowboarding or sitting by the fire and reading a book. I always look around in awe.
Diana Smith is a highly motivated mechanical engineer who joined our team in 2011. She's recognized for her analytical mind, strong sense of ownership, and approachable leadership style. Diana leads the mechanical design on many buildings ranging from small renovations to large institutions, and helps manage the Edmonton mechanical engineering team.
She has a keen interest in sustainable design and she unites the interdisciplinary effort required to achieve high sustainability goals. She loves being a part of projects that positively change the city she lives in. One of her favorite moments was walking into the Royal Alberta Museum when it first opened and seeing other people enjoying the space she helped design.
To balance out her challenging deadlines, she contributes to multiple studio initiatives like Design Champions and organizing social events. She also helps to inspire interest in consulting engineering by volunteering in elementary schools and at the University of Alberta. Because of her well-rounded approach to design and teamwork, Diana was recognized by the Consulting Engineers of Alberta with the 2019 Harold L. Morrison Rising Young Professional award.
What I love most about DIALOG is the people I work with. It's amazing to be surrounded by a large group who genuinely want to make a difference and are passionate about what they do. I also love the variety of projects I get to be involved with.Diana Smith
- Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering University of Alberta