- What’s your favourite DIALOG project?
- I valued collaborating with Tom Sutherland on many projects. I very much admired all of his work and one of my favourite projects, in which we collaborated, was NAIT’s HP Centre completed in 2002.
- What’s one thing about you that would surprise people?
- I'm an avid rower and kite boarder.
- Where's your happy place?
- Long Bay Beach, Turks and Caicos or anywhere I'm rowing.
Rob joined DIALOG in 1986 and has focused his career on healthcare design. His specialization in healthcare and research facilities focuses on acute care and surgical suites. Rob combines meticulous planning skills with technical knowledge. He works with user groups to uncover issues, identify alternatives, and achieve consensus, as shown by the effectiveness of the Stollery Children's Hospital Pediatrics Surgical Suite.
Rob's career focus on healthcare comes from his desire to make a real, lasting impact in communities. Rob prides himself on staying on top of the latest trends in acute care. He is a published author on the topic of new digital technology in the operating room. Rob is currently working with digital hospital design, using big data to organize staff, optimize functionality, shorten response times, and improve hospital communication.
It's no surprise that Rob is known for his genuine interest in working and collaborating with people towards a common goal. Rob's design philosophy is to create health care facilities that are as inspirational as they are supportive and reflective of patient and staff needs.
His passion for healthcare extends beyond his work at DIALOG. Between 2005 and 2015, Rob helped his nephew invent Hill-Rom's Monarch Airway Management system primarily targeted for people with Cystic Fibrosis. Rob is an avid rower and coaches one of our teams in the annual 'Row for Kids' fundraising regatta for the Stollery Children's Hospital Foundation.
Solving client’s problems and providing them with solutions that add value and contribute to the community motivates me. Now in my career, my big motivation is being a good mentor and supporting my team.Rob Swart
- Master of Environmental Design, Architecture University of Calgary
- Bachelor of Arts University of Alberta