- What's your favourite DIALOG initiative?
- Aspire, because it inspires by showcasing the most innovative work in all of the DIALOG offices.
- What's one quote you live by?
- "Great things don’t happen in your comfort zone."
- What's one 'pro tip' you live by?
- The 80 / 20 rule.
- What could turn any bad day into a good day?
- Family time.
Patrick has been in the electrical engineering, communications, and security industry since 2005, and joined our team in 2019. As a DIALOGer, he is involved in a wide range of project types, including institutional, educational, high rise, commercial, healthcare, industrial, and residential. Patrick has a critical management role with us, making sure that our design team not only meets, but exceeds, our client’s expectations and project timelines.
Fascinated by all areas of electrical engineering, Patrick has a solid foundation in power distribution, lighting, life safety systems, communications, security, audio visual, and smart buildings. His in-depth knowledge and experience ensure that buildings are designed with energy efficiency, sustainability, and cost-effectiveness in mind.
Patrick works closely within our integrated, multi-disciplinary design and construction environment to move projects from the conceptual design stage to construction completion. As a Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCDD), he designs, integrates, and implements low-voltage systems and their related infrastructure. Patrick is devoted to making sure that buildings are future ready.
The best thing about my job is knowing that our work will make the world a better place, whether it is simply ensuring buildings are safer for occupants or reducing our effect on the environment for future generations.Patrick Sum
- Bachelor of Applied Science, Electrical Engineering University of Waterloo