- What’s your favourite DIALOG project?
- The Cancer Centre is not only going to extend and change the lives of so many individuals and provide ground-breaking research, which will meaningfully improve the community we all share, but the building itself delivers a sustainable and energy-efficient solution to what is typically considered an energy-intense building.
- What’s one thing about you that would surprise people?
- In 2007 I took part in a six-week conservation expedition in the Seychelles where I went diving twice daily, worked with the locals, stayed in an abandoned school and spent a few days on Curieuse, an island historically used for housing leprosy sufferers where we slept in one of the old rat-infested concrete shelters. I had to learn and memorize hundreds of coral species and be able to identify them underwater and upside down using only fins to stabilize.
- Where's your happy place?
- Underwater; whether it's swimming or scuba diving, being underwater is where I'm the most relaxed.
Matt started his career in the UK. He brought his valuable experience and knowledge of the European market to our team in 2009. With almost 20 years of industry experience, Matt has a deep understanding of how to design and execute many different project types. He has been a key lead on some of our largest engineering projects.
Matt works efficiently with our clients to achieve their unique goals and requirements. He moves projects from the conceptual stage through the design process to construction and completion with meticulous care. Matt's designs showcase his love of the natural environment and the communities we share. Maximizing energy, carbon, and water use reduction while maintaining an ideal indoor environment for the occupants of the building are core values of his work.
Matt enjoys the multidisciplinary environment of our Calgary studio and our team at large and is an exceptional leader and motivator. He is meticulous and creative with his design and detailing, while still being sensitive to the available budget.
I love a mental challenge and being pushed beyond the norm; design work does that for me.Matt Parkes
- Higher National Certificate, Building Services Engineering East Berkshire University College
- Ordinary National Certificate, Building Services Engineering East Berkshire University College
- National Diploma, Engineering Brooklands College