- What’s your favourite DIALOG project?
- Shipyards - this was my first project with our architects and mechanical engineers, and truly enjoyable working together as an integrated team.
- Do you have a passion project outside of work?
- A home renovation.
- What’s your favourite mode of transportation?
- My bicycle.
Mark joined our Vancouver studio in 2013, with three decades of leadership and experience under his belt. He strives to help his fellow DIALOGers, no matter what their discipline. Mark is proud to bring his talented team to the table for any project, confident in their ability to understand the structural requirements of a project and deliver them cost effectively.
Mark has extensive experience in all types of construction, from shopping malls and schools through to high rises and hospital design. He has completed noteworthy projects in concrete, steel, wood, and masonry. Some of his most significant work includes the Shangri-La hotels in Vancouver and Toronto, North Vancouver's Shipyards, and the Lions Gate Hospital Power Plant Replacement project.
Mark enjoys the interdisciplinary atmosphere of our studios. He believes that working collaboratively with so many talented people results in efficient and well-coordinated projects. Mark takes a client-first approach to his work and looks forward to engineering sustainable spaces that will benefit the communities we all share.
I love the fact that DIALOG's multi-disciplinary practice allows me to join my colleagues each day to both teach and learn the profession.Mark van Bockhoven
- Bachelor of Applied Science University of British Columbia