- Whose work are you most impressed by?
- Donna Clare. Donna has a knack for inspiring design teams and challenging them to do their best work. As a result, her projects exemplify integrated design as its finest.
- What's your favourite DIALOG initiative?
- Aspire DIALOG. Celebrating our work and sharing the big picture ideas behind our projects creates a buzz of excitement and passion in the studio, and I love it!
- Where do you find inspiration?
- Speaking with clients. Taking time to understand their needs, building a relationship, and then delivering an effective solution to their problem ignites a spark, inspiring me to be a great designer.
- What's one quote you live by?
- “Art without engineering is dreaming. Engineering without art is calculating.” —Steven K. Roberts
Josh is an electrical engineer in our Edmonton studio, versed in all aspects of electrical design and BIM modeling. A meticulous designer with a collaborative ethos, he works with multidisciplinary teams on projects in healthcare, arts and culture, education, and transportation. Josh always looks for ways to develop practical and cost-effective engineering solutions in his experience with power, lighting, life safety, and communication system design. He pushes the team forward on sustainability, particularly in solar design, exemplified by his leadership in designing the Solar PV system at TELUS World of Science Edmonton. Josh is a team player committed to collective success. He participates in all project stages, from early design conversations to completion. Bringing his superb interpersonal and problem-solving skills, Josh works closely with architects and other engineers to find the best integrated design solution.
- Bachelor of Science, Electrical Engineering University of Alberta