Jeff DiBattistaPartner, Managing Partner
PhD | PEng | PE | MBA | ICDD | FCSCE | LEED® AP
- What’s your favourite DIALOG project?
- I fell in love with Edmonton's 100 Street Funicular while leading the project through the design phase. Today, seeing people from all walks of life enjoying it makes my heart sing.
- What’s your favourite mode of transportation?
- Trains and bicycles.
- What's one quote you live by?
- "Don't tell me how it can't be done, tell me how it can be done."
As Managing Partner at DIALOG, Jeff is responsible for helping DIALOG practice at the leading edge of design, collaboration, innovation, and technology. He also leads and supports the Management Team including areas such as human resources, technology, financial operation, marketing and communications.
Jeff joined us in 2000 and is deeply committed to the highest standards of professional excellence. He believes that open, honest, and collaborative communication among team members is the key to delivering effective results for our communities and our clients. During the past two decades with DIALOG, Jeff has designed or led countless projects as a structural engineer that have had positive community impact. Some of his work includes university buildings, schools, hospitals, mixed-use developments, cultural facilities, bridges, and light rail transit systems.
Jeff is a past president of Consulting Engineers of Alberta and has served on numerous professional associations and industry boards. He is currently a director with the Global Design Alliance. In 2016, Jeff was honoured as a Fellow with the Canadian Society for Civil Engineering.
Jeff holds a B.A.Sc. in Civil Engineering from the University of Waterloo, M.Sc. and Ph.D. degrees in Structural Engineering from the University of Alberta, an MBA from the Sloan Fellows Program in Innovation and Global Leadership at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and is a graduate of the ICD-Rotman Directors' Education Program.
I love to imagine an inspiring vision of the future, and then craft a plan to bring that vision to reality. I have the good fortune to do that every single day.Jeff DiBattista
- Master of Business Administration, Sloan Fellows Program in Innovation and Global Leadership Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Doctor of Philosophy, Structural Engineering University of Alberta
- Master of Science, Structural Engineering University of Alberta
- Bachelor of Applied Science, Civil Engineering University of Waterloo