- If you could work a ‘day in the life’ of another discipline at DIALOG, whose would it be?
- Interiors. I mean, they’re the most fun department, right?
- Where do you find inspiration?
- Unsurprisingly, outside! As a landscape architect, you’re constantly striving towards, and humbled by, the beauty of the natural world.
- What’s your favourite way to give back to the community?
- Citizen science! If it involves me in the middle of nowhere with some crazy sampling equipment, I’m in.
James is a landscape architect experienced in urban design, landscape planning, and ecological restoration. Since joining our team in 2016, James has worked on a range of projects varying in size from detailed site design to large-scale master planning.
James’s passion is to work on projects that are focused on the environment. He has developed an extensive skill set, specifically in ecological design and climate change mitigation / adaptation. With this in mind, James has managed a number of projects including residential, open space, mixed-use, park, and multi-use trail developments for a variety of institutional, commercial, and First Nations clients.
A member of both local and international conservation societies, James continues to cultivate his interest in environmental issues through volunteer work and workshops focused on community engagement. He has organized and presented at several local conferences, with a personal mission to bring together disparate professions and user groups. James enjoys the craft of design, both digitally and hand-sketching, as well as working with all of his talented fellow DIALOGers.
We’re at such an interesting point in time, with global environmental issues reaching a major pressing point. I’m inspired by whatever small way I can help push the needle towards a better future each day.James Godwin
- Master of Landscape Architecture University of British Columbia
- Bachelor of Science, Environmental Biology (Honours) University of Guelph