- What’s your favourite DIALOG project?
- The Calgary Cancer Centre; it’s a landmark building that will have a profound impact on the wellbeing of the community and will be a source of hope for people going through a difficult point in their lives.
- What's your favourite DIALOG initiative?
- The SE 2050 Commitment is the DIALOG initiative I’m most excited about. This initiative provides a framework for the structural engineering team (and DIALOG as a whole) to understand, reduce, and ultimately eliminate the embodied carbon-dioxide-equivalent emissions of the structures we design.
- Do you have a passion project outside of work?
- We’re currently undergoing a deep renovation of our house, with a particular focus on reducing energy use, improving the design and functionality, and reuse of materials. We’re doing the vast majority of the work ourselves, so the renovation is a labour of love.
An integral member of our Calgary structural engineering team, David is passionate about integrated design, design innovation, and staying at the cutting edge of industry developments. His expertise is in fibre reinforced concrete and polymer materials in the design of structural cladding, vibration and seismic analysis, and the conservation of heritage structures. David has worked on small and large projects throughout Canada, across diverse industry sectors. He is adept at working on fast-paced projects from initial concept through to construction completion. David’s significant contract administration experience results in practical, expedient resolutions to issues that arise during construction. Quick to dive into every challenge he encounters, he brings a focus on supporting the sustainable design and practice standards to our studio. David is particularly involved in efforts to reduce embodied carbon and energy in our buildings and to increase our usage of sustainable materials.
- Master of Engineering, Civil Engineering, Structures and Solid Mechanics University of Calgary
- Bachelor of Science, Civil Engineering, Structural Minor University of Calgary