- What's your favourite DIALOG initiative?
- Aspire – it’s incredible and energizing to hear from my co-workers about the amazing work they’ve been part of each year, and about the impact their projects have had on their communities and on them personally. I find myself looking forward to the event each year and looking back on the projects throughout the year for inspiration in my own work.
- How do you spend your weekends?
- A great weekend for me is one spent in the mountains with my family and two dogs, exploring and reconnecting with nature.
- What's one quote you live by?
- "Nothing is as dangerous in architecture as dealing with separated problems. If we split life into separated problems, we split the possibility to make good building art." -Alvar Aalto
Chris joined us in 2006 with experience in structural design and on-site construction administration. Since then, he has helped drive the success of a wide variety of projects in Calgary and across Canada. The focal point of Chris's work is the design and analysis of efficient and innovative structures. He has a broad portfolio of both new construction and renovation projects that cover a mixture of retail, commercial, institutional, healthcare, airport, transit, and hospitality projects.
Chris has a proven ability and dedication to delivering collaborative client service. He enjoys working with project teams to find adaptive and creative solutions for complex challenges. Helping each project have a positive impact on its community is the uniting goal of his work.
Chris believes in using leading industry techniques to provide efficient, sustainable, and practical design solutions. He is an advocate of using integrated Building Information Modelling (BIM) and computational design on every project.
As Calgary's Studio Chair, Chris is strategic in helping to connect our clients, our local relationships, and DIALOGers to deliver world-class service and design.
- Bachelor of Science, Engineering University of Calgary