- What’s your favourite DIALOG project?
- I.F. Morrison Structures Lab at the University of Alberta. The team is really passionate about creating something special with this building, the client is very engaged, and there are a lot of unique and interesting existing conditions. This was the first project I got involved with at my alma matter and it’s been very rewarding to contribute to reimagining this facility for the next generation of engineers.
- What's your favourite DIALOG initiative?
- Friday evening shinny games, great opportunity to get to know DIALOGers from across the studio.
- Do you have a passion project outside of work?
- I design and build custom furniture, I’ve created cabinets, benches, side-tables and more. I enjoy experimenting with new types of joinery.
- What’s your favourite way to give back to the community?
- Mentoring students and young professionals. Every career path is different and I find sharing experiences, advice, and opportunities very rewarding.
Alex’s experience includes work as a mechanical designer and engineer, project field engineer, equipment integrity engineer, and construction manager. As a specifier, he provides technical expertise and support during the development and review of the project specification package and other contract documents. Alexander builds an understanding of the opportunities and challenges facing each project through continual engagement with all stakeholders and ensures that the design intent is communicated effectively and efficiently during all project stages. Alex’s approach to his work is driven by a passion for sustainable design, building science, and quality improvement. Alex believes that collaboration and creativity are key to creating work that benefits our communities. He stays on top of current building science developments and product options through continual research and industry involvement. Alex brings this insight into project life cycles, constructability, quality management, and maintenance to his work and teams.
- Master of Business Administration University of Alberta
- Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering University of Alberta